Bisoprolol Fumarate (Zebeta) –
What You Should Know
Brand Name: Zebeta
What is Bisoprolol Fumarate (Zebeta)?
The Information about Bisoprolol Fumarate (Zebeta) contained herein is a compilation of materials available from drugs.com and simplified for the average consumer.
Bisoprolol Fumarate also known by the brand name Zebeta is a beta blocker. Beta Blockers also known as beta-adrenergic blocking agents work by blocking the effects of the hormone epinephrine, also known as adrenaline.
When you take beta blockers, the heart beats more slowly and with less force, thereby reducing blood pressure. Beta blockers also help blood vessels open up to improve blood flow.
There are drug free alternatives to lowering your blood pressure that may be effective for you. Read about them here.
How to use Bisoprolol Fumarate (Zebeta):
- Use Bisoprolol Fumarate (Zebeta) as prescribed on your medication bottle. Do not take more or less or for longer than recommended by your doctor.
- Take it at the same time every day with a full glass of water.
- You may need regular blood pressure tests at your doctors office.
- You may need to briefly stop using Bisoprolol Fumarate (Zebeta) before having surgery, so discuss with your surgeon.
- Store Bisoprolol Fumarate (Zebeta) at room temperature away from moisture and heat.
- If you miss a dose of Bisoprolol Fumarate (Zebeta), take the missed dose as soon as you remember. If your next dose is less than 4 hours away, skip the missed dose and take the medicine at the next regularly scheduled time. Do not take extra Bisoprolol Fumarate (Zebeta) to make up the missed dose.
- Do not skip doses or stop taking Bisoprolol Fumarate (Zebeta) without first talking to your doctor. Stopping suddenly may make your condition worse.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Bisoprolol Fumarate (Zebeta).
What to know before using Bisoprolol Fumarate (Zebeta):
- Clonidine (Catapres)
- Digitalis (digoxin, Lanoxin)
- Disopyramide (Norpace)
- Guanethidine (Ismelin)
- Rifampin (Rifadin, Rifater, Rifamate)
- Oral insulin or diabetes medication
- Any other beta-blockers
- Heart medications such as nifedipine (Procardia, Adalat), reserpine (Serpasil), verapamil (Calan, Verelan, Isoptin), or diltiazem (Cartia, Cardizem)
- Medications for asthma or other breathing disorders
This list is not complete and there may be other drugs that can interact with Bisoprolol Fumarate (Zebeta). Tell your doctor about all the prescription and over-the-counter medications you use. This includes vitamins, minerals, herbal products, and drugs prescribed by other doctors. Do not start using a new medication without telling your doctor.
If any of the following conditions apply to you, discuss with your doctor before taking Bisoprolol Fumarate (Zebeta):
if you are allergic to bisoprolol, or if you have certain serious heart conditions such as atrioventricular block “AV block” or slow heart rhythm.
- heart block
- slow heart rhythm
- congestive heart failure
- liver or kidney disease
- thyroid disorder
- problems with circulation (such as Raynaud’s syndrome).
- breast feeding
Side effects of Bisoprolol Fumarate (Zebeta):
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these symptoms of overdose or allergy occur:
Symptoms of overdose
Stop using Bisoprolol Fumarate (Zebeta) and call your doctor at once if you have any of these serious side effects:
Less serious side effects may include:
- Abnormal or decreased touch sensation
- difficulty in moving
- lack or loss of strength
- muscle pain or stiffness
- pain in joints
- trouble sleeping
- unable to sleep
The information about Bisoprolol Fumarate (Zebeta) comes from drugs.com
Bisoprolol Fumarate (Zebeta) Natural Alternatives:
If you are taking Bisoprolol Fumarate (Zebeta) or other beta blocker medications, the various ingredients in Tikva have been proven through either clinical trials or other research to lower your blood pressure naturally by dilating (widening) the arteries. Tikva does not act as a beta blocker, as it does not slow down your heart.
Several of the ingredients in Tikva can also increase circulation, dissolve plaque that is already in the arteries and reduce new plaque from forming. In addition, there are ingredients in Tikva to help reduce stress that often increases blood pressure without all of the side effects.
Read more about the natural ingredients in Tikva on our research and ingredients page, by clicking here.
Share this article with someone you care about
by clicking one of the sharing buttons below.
The information provided on this page should not be used to decide whether or not to take Bisoprolol Fumarate (Zebeta) or any other medicine. Consult your doctor to decide which medicines are right for you. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition.
This information about Bisoprolol Fumarate (Zebeta) is a brief summary and does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to Bisoprolol Fumarate (Zebeta).
This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from your health care provider. You must speak with your doctor for complete information about the risks and benefits of using Bisoprolol Fumarate (Zebeta).