Loniten (Minoxidil)- What You Should Know
Brand Names: Loniten
Generic Name: Minoxidil
What is Loniten (Minoxidil)?
The Information about Loniten (Minoxidil) contained herein is a compilation of materials available from drugs.com and simplified for the average consumer.
Vasodilators open or widen your blood vessels. They work directly on the muscles in the walls of your arteries, preventing the muscles from tightening and the walls from narrowing.
This lowers your blood pressure and allows your blood to flow more easily through your veins and arteries.
Do not use Minoxidil tablets for scalp hair growth. The topical form of minoxidil (Rogaine) is recommended for that purpose.
There are drug free alternatives to lowering your blood pressure that may be effective for you. Read about them here.
How to use Loniten (Minoxidil)
- Take as prescribed on your medication bottle. Do not take more or less or for longer than recommended by your doctor.
- Your doctor may want to give you, your first dose at a hospital, incase any serious side effects happen.
- While taking Loniten (Minoxidil), you may need to take your pulse regularly. You will be shown how to do this properly at your doctors office.
- When taking Loniten (Minoxidil), you should weigh yourself every day. If you gain more than 5 pounds, you should call your doctor as soon as possible.
- You may need to have your blood tested frequently at your doctors to make sure your dosage is correct and may need to have an EKG taken frequently.
- Store at room temperature away from heat, moisture and light.
- If you miss a dose, take it as soon as possible. If it is close to the time that you should take your next dose, skip it and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not double your dose.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Loniten (Minoxidil).
What to know before using Loniten (Minoxidil):
- Do not use potassium supplements or salt substitutes, unless your doctor has told you to.
- Call your doctor before taking a cough or cold medicine that contains a decongestant such as phenylephrine.
This may not be a complete list. Tell your doctor about all medications you use, including prescription, over-the-counter, vitamin, and herbal products. Do not start a new medication without telling your doctor.
Do not take Loniten (Minoxidil) if you:
- are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- have pheochromocytoma (adrenal gland tumor).
If any of the following conditions apply to you, discuss with your doctor before taking or changing your dosage of Loniten (Minoxidil):
- congestive heart failure
- angina (chest pain)
- recent heart attack
- kidney disease (or if you are on dialysis)
- migraine headaches
- epilepsy or other seizure disorder.
Side effects of Loniten (Minoxidil):
Stop using Loniten (Minoxidil) and call your doctor at once if you have any of these serious side effects:
- Fast or irregular heartbeat
- weight gain (rapid) of more than 5 pounds (2 pounds in children)
- Chest pain
- shortness of breath
- flushing or redness of skin
- swelling of feet or lower legs
- Numbness or tingling of hands, feet, or face
- Skin rash and itching
Less serious side effects may include:
- Increase in hair growth, usually on face, arms, and back
- Breast tenderness in males and females
The information about Loniten (Minoxidil) comes from drugs.com
For More Minoxidil Side Effects and natural alternative to improve hair growth – Click Here
Loniten (Minoxidil) Natural Alternatives:
If you are taking Loniten (Minoxidil) or other vasodilators, the various ingredients in Tikva have been proven through either clinical trials to lower your blood pressure naturally by dilating (widening) the arteries. Tikva has several natural ingredients that help to widen the arteries, so they do not become too narrow. Rather than just slowing down your heart rate and making you tired.
Several of the ingredients in Tikva can also increase circulation, dissolve plaque that is already in the arteries and reduce new plaque from forming. In addition, there are ingredients in Tikva to help reduce stress that often increases blood pressure without all of the side effects.
Read more about the natural ingredients in Tikva by clicking here.