What You Should Know
Brand Name: Mavik
What is Trandolapril (Mavik)?
The Information about Trandolapril (Mavik) contained herein is a compilation of materials available from drugs.com and simplified for the average consumer.
ACE inhibitors prevent an enzyme in your body from producing angiotensin II, a substance in your body that affects your cardiovascular system by narrowing your blood vessels and releasing hormones that can raise your blood pressure.
This narrowing can cause high blood pressure and force your heart to work harder. ACE inhibitors help relax these blood vessels.
There are drug free alternatives to lowering your blood pressure that may be effective for you. Read about them here.
How to use Trandolapril (Mavik)
- Take Trandolapril (Mavik) as prescribed on your medication bottle. Do not take more or less or for longer than recommended by your doctor.
- Take Trandolapril (Mavik) with or without food.
- Drink plenty of water throughout the day.
- You may need regular blood pressure tests at your doctors office.
- You may need to briefly stop using Trandolapril (Mavik) before having surgery, so discuss with your surgeon.
- Trandolapril (Mavik) should be stored at room temperature away from moisture and heat.
- If you miss a dose of Trandolapril (Mavik), take the missed dose as soon as you remember. Skip the missed dose if it is almost time for your next scheduled dose. Do not take extra medicine to make up the missed dose.
- Vomiting, diarrhea, or heavy sweating can cause you to become dehydrated. This can lead to very low blood pressure, electrolyte disorders, or kidney failure while you are taking Trandolapril (Mavik).
Other drugs may interact with Trandolapril (Mavik), including prescription and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products, so discuss with your health care providers all medications you are taking.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Trandolapril (Mavik).
What to know before using Trandolapril (Mavik):
If any of the following conditions apply to you, discuss with your doctor before taking Trandolapril (Mavik):
- kidney disease (or if you are on dialysis)
- allergy to Trandolapril (Mavik) or any other Ace Inhibitor
- liver disease
- heart disease
- congestive heart failure
- connective tissue disease such as Marfan syndrome, Sjogren’s syndrome, lupus, scleroderma, or rheumatoid arthritis
- breast feeding
- Diabetics and those with kidney disease should not use Trandolapril (Mavik) together with any medication that contains aliskiren (Amturnide, Tekturna, Tekamlo, Valturna).
Side effects of Trandolapril (Mavik):
Stop using Trandolapril (Mavik) and call your doctor at once if you have any of these serious side effects:
Less serious side effects may include:
- Acid or sour stomach
- stomach discomfort or upset
- Burning feeling in the chest or stomach
- difficulty with moving
- joint pain
- muscle aches, pain, or stiffness
- swollen joints
- tenderness in the stomach area
The information about Trandolapril (Mavik) comes from drugs.com
Trandolapril (Mavik) Natural Alternatives:
If you are taking Trandolapril (Mavik) or other Ace Inhibitor medications, the various ingredients in Tikva have been proven through either clinical trials or other research to lower your blood pressure naturally by dilating (widening) the arteries. Tikva has several natural ingredients that help to widen the arteries, so they do not become too narrow.
Several of the ingredients in Tikva can also increase circulation, dissolve plaque that is already in the arteries and reduce new plaque from forming. In addition, there are ingredients in Tikva to help reduce stress that often increases blood pressure without all of the side effects.
Read more about the natural ingredients in Tikva on our research and ingredients page, by clicking here.
Share this article with someone you care about
by clicking one of the sharing buttons below.
The information provided on this page should not be used to decide whether or not to take Trandolapril (Mavik) or any other medicine. Consult your doctor to decide which medicines are right for you. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition.
This information about Trandolapril (Mavik) is a brief summary and does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to Trandolapril (Mavik).
This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from your health care provider. You must speak with your doctor for complete information about the risks and benefits of using Trandolapril (Mavik).