Dynacirc (Isradipine) – What You Should Know
Brand Name: DynaCirc, DynaCirc CR
What is Dynacirc (Isradipine)?
The Information about Dynacirc (Isradipine) contained herein is a compilation of materials available from drugs.com and simplified for the average consumer.
Calcium channel blockers prevent calcium from entering cells of the heart and blood vessel walls, resulting in lower blood pressure. Calcium channel blockers, also called calcium antagonists, relax and widen blood vessels by affecting the muscle cells in the arterial walls.
Isradipine also known by the brand name Dynacirc is an calcium channel blocker. Some calcium channel blockers have the added benefit of slowing your heart rate, which can further reduce blood pressure, relieve chest pain (angina) and control an irregular heartbeat.
There are drug free alternatives to lowering your blood pressure that may be effective for you. Read about them here.
How to use Dynacirc (Isradipine)
- Take as prescribed on your medication bottle. Do not take more or less or for longer than recommended by your doctor.
- Some forms of Dynacirc (Isradipine) are made with a coating that does not dissolve and may show up in your stool. This is normal and does not effect the effects of the medication.
- Do not break open or chew an extended release tablet.
- Store at room temperature away from heat, moisture and light.
- If you miss a dose, take it as soon as possible. If it is close to the time that you should take your next dose, skip it and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not double your dose.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Dynacirc (Isradipine).
What to know before using Dynacirc (Isradipine):
If you are using any of the medications below, discuss with your doctor before using Dynacirc (Isradipine):
- cimetidine (Tagamet, Tagamet HB)
- fentanyl (Duragesic, Ionsys, Actiq)
- rifampin (Rifadin, Rimactane, Rifater)
This may not be a complete list. Tell your doctor about all medications you use, including prescription, over-the-counter, vitamin, and herbal products. Do not start a new medication without telling your doctor.
If any of the following conditions apply to you, discuss with your doctor before taking or changing your dosage of Dynacirc (Isradipine):
- pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you have liver disease
- if you have kidney disease
- if you have or have had congestive heart failure
- if you have narrowing or blockage in your digestive tract
Side effects of Dynacirc (Isradipine):
If any of the following symptoms of overdose occur while taking Dynacirc (Isradipine), get emergency help immediately:
Symptoms of overdose:
- Blurred vision
- dizziness when getting up from a lying or sitting position suddenly
- faintness when getting up from a lying or sitting position suddenly
- light headed when getting up from a lying or sitting position suddenly
Stop using Dynacirc (Isradipine) and call your doctor at once if you have any of these serious side effects:
- difficulty having a bowel movement (stool)
- stomach soreness or discomfort
The information about Dynacirc (Isradipine) comes from drugs.com
Dynacirc (Isradipine) Natural Alternatives:
If you are taking Dynacirc (Isradipine) or other Calcium Channel blockers, the various ingredients in Tikva have been proven through either clinical trials or other research to lower your blood pressure naturally by dilating (widening) the arteries. Tikva has several natural ingredients that help to widen the arteries, so they do not become too narrow.
Several of the ingredients in Tikva can also increase circulation, dissolve plaque that is already in the arteries and reduce new plaque from forming. In addition, there are ingredients in Tikva to help reduce stress that often increases blood pressure without all of the side effects.
Read more about the natural ingredients in Tikva on our research and ingredients page, by clicking here.